Deadline: JULY 1st, 2021, 5PM
Submission to: email@example.com
Subject: ‘Artist Mentorship Program submission’
The Artist Mentorship Program is designed to give practical opportunities to emerging professional artists within their discipline and in conjunction with Black Theatre Workshop’s season programming and partnering companies. Please note that due to the number of applications received, there are two parts to the acceptance process.
PART ONE All applicants are required to submit the following:
A letter of intent outlining:
– Your discipline
– Education, training and/or pertinent experience related to your discipline
– How the Artist Mentorship Program can serve you at this stage in your career
– Why do you want to work with Black Theatre Workshop?
– Are you currently engaged in any projects? If so, when and where?
– An updated CV and headshot
– A letter of reference from an artistic professional within your discipline;
– Additional Information: Press clippings, promotional material, etc. (optional)
If you are pursuing a discipline not listed (eg. Sound Designer, Technical Director, Cultural Worker (Admin), Performance Artists etc.) Please, feel free to apply.
Upon moving forward to Part Two, applicants will be contacted to schedule a meeting/interview and provide the following:
(Please note that those applying for more than one discipline are asked to provide material associated with each field)
- A description of the piece you wish to develop including synopsis and/or character outlines and the major themes wished to be explored
- An excerpt of your previous work. (Max. 15 pages)
- Are asked to prepare two contrasting pieces in the style of their choice, at least one of them must be a monologue from a piece of theatre.
- Are asked to provide a portfolio showcasing their past experience and/or conceptual practice.
- Are asked to choose a play (of their dreams) and outline the artistic merit, practice, and execution of the production.
- Will be engaged in an interview with BTW Artistic and Administrative Staff
***Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.