The Canada Council invites applications to be part of a 5-person delegation to the Liverpool Biennial 2020: The Stomach and the Port and to London from 11 – 16 July 2020.
The objectives of the delegation are to:
- access opportunities and develop international markets
- develop the capacity to engage in international activities
- foster reciprocal partnerships and exchanges
Liverpool Biennial is the UK’s largest festival of contemporary visual art. Taking over unexpected and public spaces, historic sites and art galleries, the Biennial has been transforming the city through art for over two decades. The 11th edition, The Stomach and the Port, curated by Manuela Moscoso with director Fatos Üstek, explores notions of the body and ways of connecting with the world. More than 50 international artists have been invited to respond to this theme within the context of Liverpool.
Deadline: 03 April, 2020
Grant amount: up to $4,500 Grants are allocated to cover airfare, accommodation and per diem.
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants in the fields of visual arts, media arts, digital arts and inter-arts must have been validated for one of the following Council profiles:
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis Arts/Cultural Professional
- Independent Critic or Curator
- Independent Curator
- Artistic organizations, Creation Organizations or Artist-Run Centre
- Arts Festival or Presenter
- Festival or Programming Organization
- Public Art Gallery or University Gallery
If you have not already done so, you must register in the portal at least 15 days before you want to apply.
For more information, or to request a copy of the application form, contact:
Arts Across Canada / Arts Abroad
Canada Council for the Arts
613-566-4414, ext. 4024