The Emerging Artist Residency (EAR) is a paid opportunity for early career artists in Windsor-Essex, aged 35 and under or artists in the first 10 years of their career, who want to learn, grow, develop, and show their art while engaging with the public. Three selected Emerging Artists will have the opportunity to focus on making their art and share their skills and experiences with the public. The artists in residence will gain new skills, all while connecting with their community in a series of programs or activations.
About the Art Gallery of Windsor: The AGW harnesses the power of art to open minds and hearts to new ideas, perspectives, and ways of thinking that inspire people to grow emotionally and intellectually. Learn more here.
Each artist will:
– Complete a 3-month residency at the Art Gallery of Windsor over the course of 2022.
– Have an office on-site in addition to access to the education studio during regular gallery hours.
– Interact with the public in the AGW’s studio for 15-20 hours per week.
– Host three educational activities, workshops, or activations for the community. One activity will be presented at the Downtown Farmers Market.
– Provide art-making and educational digital/video content.
– Create at least one work of art to be displayed in a small group exhibit at the Art Gallery of Windsor.
– Participate in an off-site window solo exhibition at the Dry Goods Gallery, at 1012 Drouillard Road, in Ford City.
Each artist will receive an honorarium of $4,000. The honorarium covers:
– The production of new work (materials) during the artist’s residency.
– Artist fees to present 3 programs (workshop, community engagement, artist talk, etc.) and to work on-site.
– It is recommended participants apply for the Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Program. For application information and guidelines for this program, please visit the OAC Exhibition Assistance.
– The AGW will cover installation, administrative, and other internal costs involved with the residency (installation, studio visits, mentorship, promotional costs, etc.).
– Who: Open to all emerging, visual artists of any artistic discipline, ages 18-35 or an artist who is in their first 10 years of their artistic career.
– What: Emerging Artist Residency is a paid opportunity for early career visual artists in Windsor-Essex who want to learn, grow, develop, and show their art while engaging with the public.
– When: Submissions are open from December 10th, 2021 to January 31st, 2022.
– Where: Art Gallery of Windsor, Education Studio; Dry Goods Gallery, 1012 Drouillard, Ford City
– Questions? Please contact Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
** For submissions requirements and more details, please visit us online (https://www.agw.ca/page/636?fbclid=IwAR1MsaUZmIy9VsZbipbpeTQnYeDYdeSBFgzi4JcNWkFooTRv-wDjIxxDHr0) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline – Residencies and Exhibitions:
1. March, April, May 2022 (Dry Goods Gallery exhibition May-July 2022)
2. June, July, August 2022 (Dry Goods Gallery exhibition August-October 2022)
3. September, October, November 2022 (Dry Goods Gallery exhibition November 2022-January2023)