The Art Gallery of Hamilton invites emerging and established Canadian artists to apply to the 20th Annual AGH Art Sale happening April 25 to 28, 2019. Deadline for submission is: March 1, 2019
The annual AGH Art Sale is the largest event of its kind, exhibiting artworks from contemporary artists in Hamilton and the surrounding region, available for purchase. The event is hosted by the AGH Art Rental + Sales program as a fundraising opportunity in support of public programming and education at the AGH.
Submissions will be reviewed and juried by an art advisory committee to select approximately 60 artists. We thank everyone for taking the time to make a submission. Successful applicants will be contacted by March 15, 2019.
Submit up to 6 works for consideration via email to Jasmine Lazdins at email@example.com with the following details by March 1, 2019.
- Date (preference will be given to works completed in 2018 and 2019)
- Exhibition history (preference will be given to works that have not been previously shown in a retail venue)
- Size (inches, h x w)
- Estimated value
- Electronic image (jpg, 72 dpi, 1000 pixels along longest side, with artwork title in the file name) submitted via email, wetransfer or Dropbox.
- Gallery representation (if applicable)
- Instagram (if applicable)
- Website (if applicable)
- 200 word (max.) artist statement describing themes or process relatable to the submitted works.
Artists participating in the AGH Art Rental + Sales program, and the AGH Art Sale, are responsible for the safe transportation of their artwork. Drop off arrangements will be coordinated with successful artist applicants. All participating artists must sign an artist agreement with AGH Art Rental + Sales at minimum for the duration of the show. This agreement will detail commission arrangements.
Questions can be directed to Jasmine Lazdins by email at firstname.lastname@example.org