Come work with us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the connoisseurs of Calgary’s contemporary culture.
At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, quirky, passionate, and hard-working creatives committed to providing AUArts’ student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being, develop their professional skills, and establish a strong presence in the culture of the institution. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, boost our support services, and advocate for an exceptional student experience.
Be on the pulse of Calgary’s creative community and work with Alberta’s up and coming cultural innovators!
The AUArts SA administrative assistant is responsible for ensuring that the association’s systems and processes are accessible, functional, and efficient; and acts as a resource to the team so that crucial tasks can be completed as smoothly and effectively as possible. The administrative assistant supports the organization’s staff in being able to work towards strategic goals and initiatives and actively contributes their efforts towards good governance practices.
The administrative assistant contributes to the organization by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes, procedures, and systems to enhance the quality and efficiency of work.
- Support the administrative functions of the association.
- Act as a resource to the governing council and committees of the association.
- Ensure operational procedures are effective, efficient, timely, and exude professional standards of operation.
- Maintain internal operational and communications systems.
- Provide administrative support to the work and schedule of the executive committee.
- Maintain communications with bookkeeper to ensure accurate documentation of expenses and revenues.
- Support the audit preparation process by compiling documents for audit binder.
- Communicate payroll deadlines to hourly staff and submit timesheets to the executive director.
- Maintain accurate financial records to ensure budget targets are being met.
- Compile information and notes from strategic planning sessions into final formatting for print/publication and internal use.
- Periodically review and update policy, procedure, and bylaw documents and templates.
- Review and format board and committee meeting notes, minutes, and agendas.
Who You Are
Here at AUArts SA we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we are proud to be a part of, and if you can say yes to a few of these things you might be proud to be a part of it too…
Equity & Diversity – Are you willing to consciously create room for respectful dialogue surrounding issues of equity and diversity? Pursuing a creative life takes guts! We’ve got a diverse, spunky, progressive, and outspoken community here at AUArts, and we are always looking for ways to self-reflect and incorporate socially just practices in our workplace.
Collaboration & Empowerment – Do you believe in bringing other people up, supporting your co-workers’ success, and finding ways to work together to accomplish your goals? From start to finish we are constantly learning from each other and finding ways to practice gratitude and celebrate the victories, both big and small.
Inspiration & Innovation – Are you excited to put your ideas on the table, take the risk and try something new even if you might fail? We love a good brainstorming session and are always open to incorporating fresh ideas into our programs and services.
- Experience or interest in non-profit artist run culture, arts education, and advocacy.
- Previous experience or education in business administration, accounting, bookkeeping, and/or copy editing an asset.
- Access to a computer and reliable internet.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while managing multiple priorities.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office365 (specifically SharePoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams).
- Experience with QuickBooks Online an asset.
- Organized with knowledge of best practices for file management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Flexible schedule (24 hours/week) with option for remote work.
- Staff appreciation events.
- Salary range from $22,464 to $25,584.
- Employer sponsored benefits coverage and professional development opportunities.
- Paid vacation and flex days
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position send us a resume and cover letter to help us get to know you better, and please also ensure you specify which job you’re applying for and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team. Interviews are planned to be scheduled for the week of August 30 to September 3, 2021 with a preferred start date of September 15, 2021.
Applications can be sent to Sarah Grodecki, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is August 22, 2021.
The AUArts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. If you require any specific accommodations to be made during the interview process, please do not hesitate to include this information when submitting your application. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.