JOB CALL: Part-Time Administrative and Outreach Coordinator
Term: Part Time, 20 hours/week, $18/hour, in-person
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 at 5pm
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director (ED), the ADMINISTRATIVE & OUTREACH COORDINATOR (OC) is responsible for the operational functions of the Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) and other related tasks as discussed with the current ED.
The OC is a front-line representative of ACWR and is expected to engage with staff, members, and the broader community in Windsor and Region, in a professional manner at all times.
This position also includes providing a variety of administrative and clerical services for the ArtSpeak Gallery, including but not limited to Program Development, Volunteer, Membership, and Community Outreach, and Exhibition Coordination.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in community development and/or volunteer/membership management and/or project planning.
- Experience in Exhibition Coordination and Installation.
- Knowledge of Windsor-Essex arts and non-arts partners.
- Experience in connecting with established and relevant stakeholders in Windsor-Essex and beyond is highly desired.
- Relevant post secondary education and/or experience.
- Ability to work independently, facilitate groups, organize and manage projects, and develop partnerships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing, Google Docs, spreadsheets, database and graphics packages. Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, HTML, Hootsuite, and WordPress is highly desired.
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing a good understanding of ACWR’s mission, vision and goals.
- Assisting with the execution of ACWR programming in accordance with current and future goals.
- Participating in fundraising activities and grant application development.
- Fulfilling the terms and dues identified in all grant agreements and ACWR governing documents.
- Working with and providing reports to the Board, attending regular meetings and sitting on committees as a staff representative, when needed.
VOLUNTEER, MEMBERSHIP, AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Developing and managing all facets of the volunteer program including, but not limited to policies, records, recommendations, database management, recruitment, and promotion.
- Working one-on-one with volunteers, interns, and co-op students in areas of recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling.
- Enhancing ACWR’s visibility and connection to the community through contact with various
- Networking and collaborating with other arts and non-arts individuals and organizations
- Updating ACWR’s various social media platforms with content pertaining to ACWR activities in line with organizational goals and priorities
- Completing administrative tasks relating to gallery booking coordination and corresponding with gallery renters.
- Providing front-line gallery services, including: engaging visitors, promoting gallery activities, facilitating membership and volunteer opportunities, and maintaining ACWR on-site event scheduling.
- Being present during ArtSpeak Gallery public hours and events; shared with the Executive Director.
The successful candidate must be able to work onsite at ArtSpeak Gallery (1942 Wyandotte St. E.) during gallery hours and for ACWR events and programming. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated police clearance.
This is a part-time position requiring a flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends within 20 hours per week.
The position will be offered with a three (3) month probation period attached.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current CV and a one-page cover letter outlining their vision for this position and contact information for three (3) references no later than Sunday, July 2nd by 5:00 PM.
Applications should only be sent electronically (in PDF format) to the Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBJECT HEADER: ADMIN. AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR POSITION
ACWR thanks all applicants who apply for this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the ACWR is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a community arts council and art service organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations, and non-arts partners in promoting, developing, and realizing creative activity since 1980.