ACWR: CALL FOR BOARD SECRETARY
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Board of Directors’ Executive Committee. This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in administration and/or a strong interest in non-profit organizations and arts, culture or heritage.
ATTN: Call for Board Secretary
Organization: Arts Council Windsor & Region
Position: Board Secretary
Deadline to apply: January 30, 2018***extended
Apply to: email@example.com
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) will strive to enhance the economic and social well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the community through participation in the arts
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
Founded in 1979, ACWR is incorporated as a non-profit charity. Its Board of Directors, along with two staff manages the programming and operations of the Council . The Board of Directors meets once every month, with committee meetings scheduled as needed.
The Secretary position entails providing administrative support for meetings of the Board and Committees of the Board, including coordination of meetings and preparation of associated minutes, reports and policy documents.
– A strong interest in arts, culture and heritage
– Some experience with non-profit organizations / charities
– Organizational, keyboarding, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
– A mature attitude and ability to work collaboratively
– Ability to multi-task and respond flexibly to changing work requirements
– Conversant in “Robert’s Rules of Order”
– Legal knowledge is an asset
Interested persons are asked to submit a cover letter and resume as an expression of interest in confidence to the email address listed above.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, though only those selected for a meeting will be contacted.