The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Board of Directors’ Executive Committee. This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity for those with a background in administration and/or a strong interest in non-profit organizations, and the arts, culture and heritage sector.
ATTN: Call for Board President
Organization: Arts Council Windsor & Region
Position: Board President
Deadline to apply: April 10, 2020
Apply to: email@example.com
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) strives to enhance the economic and social
well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the community through participation in the arts.
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
Founded in 1979, ACWR is incorporated as a non-profit charity. ACWR is governed by its Board of Directors and two staff who manage the programming and operations of the Council. The Board of Directors meets once every month, with committee meetings scheduled as needed. The President shall, when present, preside at all meetings of the members, and of the Board of Directors. The President shall also be responsible for the supervision of the affairs and operations of the ACWR and the ACWR staff.
– A strong interest in arts, culture and heritage
– Enthusiasm for and experience with non-profit organizations / charities
– A mature attitude and ability to work collaboratively
– Ability to multi-task and respond flexibly to changing work requirements
– Conversant in “Robert’s Rules of Order”
– Legal and Human Resources knowledge is an asset
– Organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
– Connection to Business, Financial sector is an asset
Interested persons are asked to submit a cover letter and resume as an expression of interest in confidence to the email address listed above. Must be a member of ACWR in good standing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, though only those selected for a meeting will be contacted.