CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the Board of Directors. This volunteer position(s) is an excellent opportunity for those with a background in administration and/or a strong interest in non-profit organizations, and the arts, culture and heritage sector.
*The Arts Council Windsor & Region is committed to equity and anti-oppression in all aspects of its operations. We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking communities (including, but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, people of colour, refugees, newcomers, immigrants, Two-Spirit, LGBTQI+, gender diverse persons.
ATTN: Call for Board Members
Organization: Arts Council Windsor & Region
Deadline to apply: Until the positions are filled
Apply to: email@example.com
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) strives to enhance the economic and social well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the community through participation in the arts.
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
Founded in 1979, ACWR is incorporated as a non-profit charity. ACWR is governed by its Board of Directors and two staff who manage the programming and operations of the Council. The Board of Directors meets once every month, with committee meetings scheduled as needed.
– A strong interest in arts, culture and heritage
– Enthusiasm for and experience with non-profit organizations/charities
– A mature attitude and ability to work collaboratively
– Organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
Interested persons are asked to submit a resume and the nomination form to the email address listed above. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, though only those selected for a meeting will be contacted.