South Windsor School of Music is currently adding staff to our team of dedicated music education professionals. See our job call below:
Start Date: May 2019 or ASAP
Salary: Hourly based on experience with annual pay increase
Term: Part-time Contract
Time Commitment: Wednesday afternoons for 4 hrs to start, future opportunities to also teach other evenings or Saturdays.
South Windsor School of Music
South Windsor School of Music has been providing our community with private music education in South Windsor for over 13 years.
For more information please visit southwindsorschoolofmusic.com
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic contract Voice Teacher to teach half-hour private music lessons to children, youth and adults out of our studio in South Windsor. Ability to teach other instruments considered an asset but not a necessity.
- providing an educational, interesting and enjoyable experience of music education for every student
- establishing a teaching plan appropriate for the age range of your students
- monitoring student progress and adjusting teaching methods and materials when necessary
- encouraging and adequately preparing students to participate in South Windsor School of Music recitals, concerts, competitions, festivals, and exams, if appropriate
- punctually attending all scheduled lessons and beginning and ending each lesson on the half-hour mark.
- notifying office staff of any student’s learning, physical or personal challenges
- consulting with parents on a regular basis
- adhering to staff guidelines and policies and attending appropriate staff meetings when possible
- requesting any necessary teaching materials
- marking student attendance
- notifying office staff of any personal schedule change requests
- providing a headshot and bio for our website
Skills & Requirements:
- adaptability & flexibility
- ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life and from many cultural backgrounds
- knowledge of different approaches to teaching music
- ability to teach various styles of music
- criminal record check
- proven skills training
- experience working with children is considered an asset but not necessary
- teaching experience is considered an asset but not necessary
- post-secondary education in music is considered an asset
- Royal Conservatory of Music and/or Suzuki Method training is considered an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter & resume in PDF format via email to email@example.com or in person during business hours at South Windsor School of Music. Application Deadline Saturday, May 4 2019 at 3:00pm. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Name: Michelle Soulliere
Telephone: 519 966-6400