No mincing words here: January sucks. And now we’re in the middle of a devastating pandemic and locked down inside our homes with none of the normal escapes to help us get through the depths of winter.
So we decided to run a photo contest. Stay distant, wear a mask, play by the rules. But push yourself and enjoy an opportunity to do something creative and thought-provoking.
The rules for this are pretty simple. The theme is COVID-19 and all you have to do is send us 19 photos that convey what this pandemic has meant for you, how it’s made you feel, what impact it’s had on your life and the lives of others.
You can take new photos, use old ones, or a mix of both. Doesn’t matter. Just tell us a story.
The deadline for submissions is February 13 and winners will be announced February 20.
We’ll be posting entries to our website and on social media, as well as inside our shop. And there will be awesome prizes for the top three. What gets you top three? We’ll be looking at originality, technical skill, subject matter creativity, and adherence to the Pressure Drop aesthetic (whatever that is). And we’ll have a group of cool photographers ready to help us make that decision.
RULES & FAQ
Submission of Photographs / Specifications
- Online submission format: JPG
- Minimum picture size: 200K
- Maximum file size: 2MB
- The submission phase takes place between January 8th and February 13th, 2021. Photos must be submitted during this period.
- All photos should be submitted to the contestant’s folder on Google Drive. A link to that folder will be emailed to each contestant once they have successfully entered the contest.
- Each photographer must submit 19 photos.
- If the photos should be viewed in some specific sequence, please be sure to include “1” through “19” at the beginning of each file name so that they may be sorted in the correct order.
Rules of Entry
- By registering and entering this contest, you agree to these Rules and Regulations.
- Only the photographer can submit his or her images. Images may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of the photographer.
- Professional and amateur photographers may submit.
- There is no age restriction for entry – all photographers are welcome!
- There is no cost of entry.
- Photographs may be submitted by photographers from any country in the world.
- Entries may only be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- Submitted photos may have been previously published.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three entrants.
- The 1st place winner will receive a prize valued at $500
- The 2nd place winner will receive a prize valued at $300
- The 3rd place winner will receive a price valued at $100
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to upload my images?
- If you can’t upload your images please check the format and file size of your image.
- You can only upload JPGs. JPG is a compression format that reduces file size. Do not submit TIFFS, RAWs or similar.
- Please make sure not to exceed the maximum file size of 2MB
- If you still can’t submit, the file might be damaged. Try to open it on your computer and see if any errors occur.
What size does my image need to be?
- Between 200K and 2MB
Can I submit RAW files?
- No. RAW files and other formats must be converted to JPG and meet all other submission criteria. All images must be available for re-submitting in their original size.
Can I send in film images?
- No. All film prints and transparencies must be scanned at high resolution and delivered digitally. Scan your images in high resolution with 300dpi and compress to 2MB before uploading. No prints will be accepted.
How many images can I submit?
- You should submit 19 images. If the photos should be viewed in some specific sequence, please be sure to include “1” through “19” at the beginning of each file name so that they may be sorted in the correct order.
Will my images be used for advertising?
- No they will not, the images will be used for PR and Marketing purposes surrounding the Pressure Drop 19 Photo Competition – you can read more in the Terms and Conditions below.
Who will be judging? How do I know that it will be judged fairly?
- The founders of Pressure Drop, Michael and Marina, will be judging along with a group of professional photographers.
For details related to terms & conditions, or more info, CLICK HERE