CALL FOR ARTISTS
BORDERS | Venice July-Nov 2020
ITSLIQUID International Art and Architecture Festival
Deadline: June 18, 2020
ITSLIQUID Group, in collaboration with Venice Events and Ca’ Zanardi, is pleased to announce the open call for BORDERS – ITSLIQUID International Art and Architecture Festival.
BORDERS, curated by Arch. Luca Curci, will be presented in Venice at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space, at Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi and in other prestigious venues between July 23 and November 29, 2020 in the same period of the 17th Venice Architecture Biennale “How will we live together?”, chaired by Paolo Baratta and curated by architect and scholar Hashim Sarkis.
The festival focuses on the concept of “borders”, between the soul and the body, the man and the city, the city and the ground. The festival analyzes the idea of human and urban borders, how people live them and how they are modified in contemporary society. Every human being lives in a world in which the limits, the borders, shape their attitudes and behaviors, limiting the freedom and creating a sense of alienation. The man reacts breaking the limits and finding a new way of life. We imagine a world of “liquid cities”, where differences create new possibilities and exchange possibilities, instead of being social barriers.
BORDERS Festival consists of 3 main events:
– BODIES+CITIES SKIN from July 23 to August 21, 2020 at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space and from July 24 to August 21, 2020 at Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi
Deadline for applications is June 18, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
– FRAGMENTED IDENTITIES from September 03 to October 02, 2020 at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space and from September 04 to October 02, 2020 at Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi
Deadline for applications is August 02, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
– FUTURE LANDSCAPES, the Experimental Festival Exhibitions and the Venice Architecture Academy, from October 15 to November 29, 2020 at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space and from October 16 to November 29, 2020 at Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi
Deadline for applications is September 03, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
The participation includes the following services
– exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
– assisting in finding accommodation for artist
– the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– a dedicated interview published on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
– a printed catalogue that will include all the participants
Artists interested in taking part in our shows, are free to be sponsored and supported by institutions, organizations, governments and their representers; the logos of their sponsors will be included in all the communication (digital and print) of the events. Artists are free to take part in one or more events.
The festival also aims to discover the interpretations of borders between built and unbuiltgeographical contexts, the complex spatial mechanisms within contemporary cities and territories, to understand these underlying cultural philosophical, political and aesthetic value systems that influence the production of architectural form. The investigation concerns not just territories’ borders: the festival focuses on the design and the construction strategies applied to the contemporary “skin and bones” architecture, on the thin surface that divides and connects the inner places with the outer spaces, from the single buildings to the huge metropolis’ borderline.
Deadline for applications June 18, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)