- This event has passed.
In the Studio with Naomi Peters
Saturday, October 23 | 11 am – 12:30 pm
Register HERE, details below: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/in-the-studio-with-naomi-peters-tickets-190512517067
Discover your own artistic style with artist Naomi Peters! During this in-person and interactive workshop, artist Naomi Peters will share the basis of her own style, while encouraging you to explore your own. Inspired by Peters’ work in the exhibition The Bridge Artists: Teresa Altiman, Naomi Peters, Daisy White, you will learn about Indigenous art-making techniques, symbols and animals.
Naomi Peters is a Potawatomi/Chippewa (Ojibwe) member of the Caldwell First Nation. She recently graduated from Tyndale University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts (English Major/Psychology Minor). She has been drawing for over a decade. In her indigenous animal series, she hopes to portray culturally important animals in a meaningful and beautiful way. She takes inspiration both from traditional indigenous stylings and nature. To name them, she always uses the Ojibway language, sometimes as a direct translation and some with their own unique titles. She wishes to depict these beautiful creatures as she sees them and hopes that people find enjoyment through her art.
This program is supported by Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority.
– This workshop is free to attend, and supported by Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority.
– This is an in-person program that will take place at the Art Gallery of Windsor.
– All participants MUST pre-register in order to attend the program. Spots are limited. REGISTER HERE.
– All supplies are provided.
– Masks must be worn at all times in the studio and safety guidelines must be followed.
– Questions? Email Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
October 23 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Art Gallery of Windsor
401 Riverside Dr W
Windsor, ON N9A 7J1 Canada