- This event has passed.
Event Series: Taking Care: Where Art Meets Wellness
Sundays, January 30 – December 18 , 11 am – 12:30 pm
The AGW presents ZOOM art workshops and activities to participants in support of their mental health and overall wellbeing. Led by Ainslee Winter, professional art therapist and artist, the AGW seeks to improve the mental health of participants by teaching new skills through art-making and art appreciation as a way to engage with others and manage social isolation.
The AGW hosts a safe creative space that brightens up the weekends of countless people who started as strangers but are now dear friends; more time to connect with support and rejoice in our beautiful community in a time where we need connection most of all. Taking Care has meant: more opportunities for our community to take pride in their creativity; participants create works of art that bring joy, wellness, peace, and tranquility.
Participants have taken part in a variety of art-making and art-appreciation activities, including guided meditations, yoga exercises, poetry, discussions, prompt-based crafts and projects, journaling techniques, as well as presentations by guest facilitators.
- Workshops are FREE and open to everyone. Use the materials you have at home!
- Workshops are delivered virtually on ZOOM. Pre-registration is required. You will receive instructions on how to join the ZOOM call once you have registered.
- The workshop description and a list of suggested materials will be posted online before the workshop.
- Live, automatic closed-captions are enabled during the workshop for accessibility.
- Questions? Please contact Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
Taking Care: Where Art Meets Wellness is supported by the Solcz Family Foundation and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
October 9, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
2695 Everts Ave
Windsor, N9E 2T9 Canada