- This event has passed.
ACWR’s artist in residence, Alejandro Franco Briones, will be hosting TWO free live coding workshops next week!
Register for the virtual workshop here.
Register for the in-person workshop here.
Read more about the workshops below:
1. Virtual Workshop (Over Zoom): Context, theory and syntax of live coding
Wed. Oct. 12th, 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Participants enrolled in this virtual workshop will learn about:
– The history of live coding.
– The nature of live coding networked communities.
– TidalCycles syntax.
Participation requirements: Access to laptop or computer with Chrome browser installed & headphones
2. In-person Workshop at ArtSpeak Gallery: In-depth explorations
Fri. Oct. 14th, 4:30 – 7:30 PM
Participants enrolled in this in-person workshop will be offered an in-depth exploration of the Estuary platform, including the process for creating ensembles to collaborate with others online.
This workshop will also offer:
– Further explanations on control patterns and time functions as well as sound effects and pitch structures
– Reactive visuals in Punctual
– The participant will learn how to code basic visuals that react to sound for their performances
– Live Coding strategies
– Participants will learn basic aspects of intra-ensemble communication and basic strategies to start, finish and develop a performance.
October 12, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm