McMichael Volunteer Committee
2019 Autumn Art Sale Fundraiser
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Application & Information
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Artwork Delivery & Setup: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Sale Dates: Friday, Oct. 18 through Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019
The McMichael Volunteer Committee’s Autumn Art Sale Fundraiser is open to all living Canadian and Aboriginal Fine Artists and Sculptors.
1. For the purpose of this fundraiser, we accept all genres of original fine art, excluding photography.
2. This show accepts original artwork only. Works which have already been reproduced to create products for sale should not be submitted. Original works that have been reproduced will not be accepted.
3. Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
4. Artwork must be in impeccable condition and priced accordingly. Works must be appropriately prepared for immediate hanging. Oil and acrylic paintings on gallery style canvas with the painting wrapping the sides do not require framing. The Art Sale Co-Chairs will disqualify works which are misrepresented by the photos used in the selection process, or works which are not original, inappropriately framed or in poor condition.
5. Minimum price for works is $100.
6. Artists will be allotted a metal panel six feet (horizontal) by seven feet (vertical).
7. Sculptors will receive approximately six foot by six foot display area in which to display three-dimensional work that is mounted on a stable base. Tables are available, but you must supply your own pedestals if desired.
8. Artists or a representative for the artist are expected to be in attendance all weekend long.
1 Application Form: – The Application form is available online at autumnartsale.ca. Printed applications are available as backup, however it is requested that the online version is attempted first (this reduces the data entry required and reduces the chance of errors).
2 Digital Images: – Five (5) digital images of paintings/sculptures indicative of the works you would bring to the sale. The images may be uploaded as part of the online application process, or copied to a CD/DVD or USB and mailed to the address listed below.
3 Application Fee: $35 (non-refundable). The application fee may be paid by cheque (payable to “The McMichael Volunteer Committee”) and mailed to the McMichael Volunteer Committee at the address listed below, or it can be paid online ($36.35) via PayPal (link is provided online) or e-transfer ($35.50). Please DO NOT SEND CASH in the mail. Application fees must be received by the Application Deadline of May 31, 2019.
1. All submitted works will be juried by a selection committee (jury) comprised of such qualified people as gallery staff, curators, art educators, art collectors, artists, and others with a strong background in art.
2. The previous year’s top selling ten artists and top sculptor will automatically be invited back. A total of 38 places are available for the top selected artists, (35 artists and 3 sculptors) … a total of 49 participants.
3. Artists who have shown in previous years are welcome to re-apply. It is suggested that your new and current works be shown, as opposed to those from previous years.
4. Decisions will be based on digital images submitted by a blind jury (The jury sees the images only. Artists are not revealed). The jury’s decision is final.
5. Applicants will be notified by email mid-July to early August 2019.
6. The McMichael Volunteer Committee reserves the right to use submitted photographed work for publicity (promotional postcards, ads and web site) and reference purposes.
Upon notification of acceptance into the 2019 Autumn Art Sale, a Placement/Booth Fee of $200 is due. Accepted artists and returning artists must submit payment upon notification either by cheque OR online via PayPal ($206.35) OR via e-transfer ($200.50) to email firstname.lastname@example.org. The link for online booth fee payment will be provided to you when the selection process is complete and all artists have been informed.
Participating Artist or their representatives are required to be in attendance for the duration of the show. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection and the McMichael Volunteer Committee are not responsible for any damaged or stolen works. Artists are required to sign waivers for Photography and Indemnification.
This is a fundraising event. Volunteers and participating Artists share profits and credit card expenses such that 65% goes to the Artist and 35% to the Volunteer Committee.
Contact Information / Delivery Address
McMichael Volunteer Committee
Attention: Art Sale Co-Chairs
c/o McMichael Canadian Art Collection,
10365 Islington Avenue,
Kleinburg, Ontario L0J 1C0
The Application Deadline is Friday, May 31, 2019
March 1 - May 31
Cost: $35 application fee
McMichael Canadian Art Collection
10365 Islington Ave
Kleinburg, ON L0J Canada