Resources for Canadian artists, writers and media workers during COVID-19 shutdowns
Much thanks and love to the Americans who started the inspiration for this doc: Nicole Brewer, Ann Marie Lonsdale, Quanice Floyd, Tiffany Wilhelm, Brian Herrera, Hannah Fenlon, & Clementine Bordeaux.
To see American/International resources, visit this website.
You can send information or resources to H.G. Watson at email@example.com. // (@HG_Watson on Twitter and Instagram).
This document will be updated continuously.
UPDATES – GOOGLE DOC ACCESS: HERE
- Woodcock Fund Grant — emergency funds for writers mid-project
- NABS financial assistance for media, marketing, and communications pros
- The AFC — Emergency financial aid for entertainment pros
- Unison — financial aid for musicians
- Emergency fund for precarious workers in Toronto
- Emergency Survival Fund for LGBTQ2S artists, performers, tip-based workers
- CANADIAN Low-Income Artist/Musician Relief Fund
UPCOMING SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
ADVOCACY FOR FREELANCERS
- I Lost My Gig Canada — full website launching March 20
- The Canadian Freelance Union
- CMG Freelance
- S’ATTAQ — Labour union for freelancers
- IATSE Canadian locals
- Canadian Actors Equity Association
- Writers Guild of Canada
- Associated Designers of Canada
- Canadian Federation of Musicians
- Playwrights Guild of Canada
- Soutien à/de la communauté culturelle québécoise – COVID-19
ONLINE TRAINING RESOURCES
- Poynter News University
- Skillshare — lots of free classes on writing, acting, etc.
- Toronto Public Library eLearning portal — free for library card holders
- Calgary digital library
- Canadian Improv Games Online Training Resource
HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto
- NABS support line — 1-888-355-5548
- Unison — Counselling for musicians
- TO Community response to COVID19 Facebook group