The Arts Council Windsor & Region is calling for board members!
Board Directors attend monthly meetings and are encouraged to join a minimum of one committee. As a Director you get to discuss and vote on key decisions within ACWR. There are opportunities for sharing your own ideas and shaping the arts in Windsor. Additionally you learn the in and outs of what it takes to operate a service organization within the nonprofit sector.
Ensure effective organizational planning. Provide sufficient resources.
Make sure the organization fulfills legal obligations.
Provide proper financial oversight. Select and evaluate the executive director.
Improve the organization’s public standing.
Recruit and orient new board members.
QUALITIES OF A DIRECTOR
A strong interest in:
- public service, arts, culture and heritage
- Governance of not-for-profit charitable organisations
- Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Fundraising, Partnership and Business Development Human Resources and Legal
- Finance and Accounting
- Event Planning and Promotion
- Artistic Programming
- Formal artistic or informal experience as an artist not required
Administrative, Community Outreach, and Fundraising experience is bonus, but not required
HOW TO APPLY
Our Board of Directors is always looking for dynamic and skilled individuals to consider a position on our Board or a working committee. Persons are asked to submit the form (attached below) and resume as an expression of interest in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org